OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Continuously examining and upgrading our eco-friendly manufacturing processes is something that we take very seriously, and the numbers truly speak for themselves:
- 43 million pounds of industrial waste generated in our facilities have been recycled and diverted from landfills over the past 10 years.
- 90 million gallons of water are saved every year due to the installation of a closed-loop water-cooling system for plastics.
- More than 4,500 tons of sawdust are recycled annually in a "waste to energy" program.
- More than 99% of our total sawdust is transformed into energy to fire the kilns and heat the factory or is converted to wood stove pellets.
- A 71% reduction in airborne emissions has occurred since 2000. Exhaust air scrubbers have been added to our manufacturing facilities to reduce VOCs by 52 percent.
- A minimum of 44% of post-consumer recycled material is included in the packaging of all of our products. Each package is carefully engineered and tested to minimize the use of materials without sacrificing the integrity of the product.
- 100% of packaging materials are able to be recycled according to a recent study conducted by the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
By design, all of our slats are inherently "green" because they block solar heat gain and reduce UV damage to commercial & residential interiors. Vertical blind slats from ReSlat.com are manufactured in high-recycling facilities and offer specific benefits and return on investment to end users in the form of healthier, more energy-efficient buildings and homes.
- Vertical blinds prevent solar heat gain in the summer and reduce heat loss in the winter by creating an insulating buffer between the interior and exterior. This insulating effect reduces energy consumption and lowers energy costs.
- By blocking UV rays, vertical blinds prevent damage to furniture, fabrics and interior finishes protecting the durability of these items and reducing prematurely sending damaged products to a landfill prematurely.
- Our vertical blind slats are designed, engineered and tested to ensure a long life, reducing landfill waste created by short-lived products. Eco-Friendly Raw Materials
- Vertical PVC louvers are manufactured with 15% industry recycled material.
- The aluminum headrail and plastic components are 100% recyclable. Plastic components in vertical blinds contain up to 50% pre-consumer recycled material.
- All packaging materials are 100% recyclable. The corrugated cardboard contains 35-40% recycled content. The angle board used to reinforce the cardboard is 100% recyclable and contains 80% post-consumer recycled material and 20% pre-consumer recycled material. Poly tubes, EPS pads, parts tub and bubble wrap used in packaging are also 100% recyclable.
- Custom box cutting machines are used to cut each box to the exact size of the blind. This process eliminates wasted cardboard, packing materials and shipping energy.